This contest is complete, and the winner has been chosen.
||Crafter Point Votes
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to design a role playing adventure for your favorite RPG system. The winners will be announced and prizes awarded at Gamehole Con 2015.
More info on this episode of The Official Game Crafter Podcast.
All of the following rules must be followed to the letter:
- All adventures must be submitted through The Game Crafter’s game editor (by clicking on the “Contests” button) no later than September 8th, 2015 at Noon UTC (6am US Central).
- These are Author Awards, not publisher awards. This means that the actual author must submit the games and the awards will go to the authors.
- All submissions must be original and previously unpublished works, and they cannot have existed on The Game Crafter prior to the start of the contest.
- In the event of co-authorship, the physical award plaque ("The Rodney") will be inscribed with up to two designer names.
- The adventure must be publish ready for our shop. That means it must have a logo, backdrop, shop ad, action shots, description, and cool factors filled out in the game editor. And all images must be proofed.
- Any artwork included in the adventure must be your own, commissioned by you, licensed to you, or in the public domain.
- Contestants are welcome to submit multiple entries to this contest. Each entry will be judged separately.
- Your entry must be submitted as both a downloadable PDF (privately accessible) and a formatted Jumbo Booklet so that it can be printed. It must also include a publicly accessible preview PDF so people can get a sense of what the adventure is about and what it looks like.
- The total length of your RPG adventure submission cannot exceed 10,000 words.
- While art is encouraged, it is not required.
- You are welcome to use any printed components or game pieces in our shop to flesh out your adventure. For example, if you like, you can include extra components such as a custom GM Screen or printed mats to act as map tiles. None of these are required.
- Your adventure cannot exceed a total cost of $29.99.
- A legible and useful map(s) are a requirement. Map quality will be included in the judging criteria.
- The entries will be judged based on Overall Presentation, Logic and Playability, Unique Design Aspects, Organization and Syntax and Readability.
The winner will receive the following prizes:
- $100 cash
- a hand crafted Rodney award created by Albion Swords with their names inscribed on it ✠
- 100,000 crafter points
- $50 in shop credit
- The winner will receive 5 fully printed copies of their adventure. ✠
✠ While you need not be present to win, you will need to be present to collect these prizes.
What are the Rodneys?
Great question. They are the name for our just launched Gamehole Con game design award. If you look at any of our annual logos, you will see an armored fellow squaring off against some foe. At Gamehole Con command central, we have always called that guy, Sir Rodney. So, that will be the name of our game design awards.
« Other Contests