Our judge is playing the finalist games to determine a winner.
||Crafter Point Votes
We would like you to design a game that will fit into an 18 card hook box.
Daniel Grek, from Concrete Canoe Games, will be judging the contest.
To qualify, your game must comply with all of the following rules:
- You must use an 18 card hook box.
- You may use up to 1 sheet of poker cards (1 to 18 cards).
- You may use up to 1 sheet of shards (1 to 18 slugs).
- You are welcome to require the players to use readily available tokens, that are not included in the game, such as coins.
- You may not use any other components in your game.
- All rules, credits, diagrams, etc. must be completely contained on or in the hook box. This includes a short, thematic game description and gameplay stats on the "back" of the hook box when folded closed.
- Player count may be anywhere between 1 and 6 players.
- Play time should be no more than 20 minutes, once you've learned the game.
- Any theme or narrative is allowed and unique themes are encouraged.
- A rules document must be downloadable from your game's shop page.
- A print and play version of the game is not required but strongly encouraged.
- The game must be publish ready (as it relates to our shop, not as it relates to being finished). This means it has a logo, backdrop, shop ad, action shots, description, and cool factors. It must also have all images proofed, and have the hook box as packaging.
- This must be a new game created for this contest. It cannot have existed on TGC prior to the start of the contest.
- All artwork must be your own, commissioned by you, licensed to you, or in the public domain.
- All entries must be submitted through TGC's game editor (by clicking on the "Contests" button) no later than Noon UTC (6am US Central) on January 15, 2018.
- Contestants may submit multiple entries to this contest. Each entry will be judged separately.
- Semi-Finalists will have one week from announcement to make alterations to their games. This could be layout, grammatical errors, or other small changes.
You retain all rights to your game and are welcome to sell it in our shop during and after the contest, regardless of the outcome of the contest.
The first round of judging is handled by a community voting process. The final two rounds are handled by the judge. See complete details.
The winner shall receive all of the following prizes:
- Automatic Showcase status for their game on thegamecrafter.com.
- 100,000 crafter points.
- $50 of shop credit on thegamecrafter.com.
- Consideration for publication by Concrete Canoe Games LLC.*
- A copy of Dirigible Disaster, published by Letiman Games and designed by Daniel Grek of Concrete Canoe Games LLC. (Also, depending on contest timing copies of some of the microgames we plan to KS in March).
- The possibility of judging a future contest.
- Induction into The Game Crafter Hall of Fame.
*Consideration for publication will be discussed with the winner. It would be unfair to both designer and publisher to guarantee a contract through this contest but the winner will be strongly considered. It is possible other designers could be offered contracts as well.
Semi-Finals Judging Rubric
Finals Judging Rubric
« Other Contests