This contest is complete, and the winner has been chosen.
||Crafter Point Votes
Father Geek and the All Us Geeks Podcast are proud to present the Micro Game Challenge. When you're looking to get new people into games, especially around the holidays it's nice to have a micro game or two. Also, since a dollar doesn't stretch as far as it used to, it's nice to be able to buy a game that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. A micro game is a complete game, that fits in a tuck box. It's small, portable, inexpensive, fast to play, easy to learn and teach, and most importantly fun.
Cyrus Kirby from Father Geek and Jeff King from All Us Geeks have personally put up the money for this challenge, wrote the rules for it, and will also be judging it.
- All components must fit in a tuck box (poker or tarot, plastic or paper, printed or not).
- The total cost of the game must not exceed $11.99.
- It must play with at least two players, and not more than four.
- Play time should be no more than 20 minutes, once you've learned the game.
- This cannot be a party game, but players can work cooperatively or semi-cooperatively together.
- Any theme or narrative is allowed.
- A rules document must be downloadable from your game's shop page. You're welcome to and encouraged to also include the rules in the game itself.
- The game must be publish ready, meaning it has a logo, backdrop, shop ad, action shots, description, and cool factors. It must also have all images proofed, and have packaging (a tuck box).
- This must be a new game created for this contest. It cannot have existed on TGC prior to the contest.
- All artwork must be your own, commissioned by you, licensed to you, or in the public domain.
- All entries must be submitted through TGC's game editor, by clicking on the "Contests" button, no later than November 18, 2013 at noon GMT.
- Contestants may submit multiple entries to this contest. Each entry will be judged separately.
You retain all rights to your game and are welcome to sell it in our shop before, during, and after the contest, regardless of the outcome of the contest.
- First Place: $150 in cold hard cash*
- Second Place: $100 in cold hard cash*
- Third Place: $50 in cold hard cash*
- All winners will also be interviewed on the All Us Geeks Podcast.
Good luck to everyone.
* All payments will be made via PayPal.
« Other Contests