This contest is complete, and the winner has been chosen.
||Crafter Point Votes
We’re looking for the next great game of simple elegance. The game play needs to be simple, but not lacking planning or strategy. So while the decisions are not complex, they are meaningful. Examples would be:
You are welcome to use any theme, mechanic, or component you like in your game. Your game may support any number of players you like. Initial rules explanation should be less than 10 minutes (ideally less than 5), with total game play less than 60 minutes (ideally 30 minutes).
Maxine Ekl of Clever Playing Cards will be the judge.
To qualify, your game must comply with all of the following rules:
- Your game must be explained in less than 10 minutes.
- Your game must play in less than 60 minutes.
- Your game must be of simple design, but still have important choices.
- The total cost of your game must be less than $29.99.
- A rules document must be downloadable from your game's shop page. Basic out of the box rules will suffice, so long as it's clear how the game is played.
- The game must be publish ready (as it relates to our shop, not as it relates to being finished). This means it has a logo, backdrop, shop ad, action shots, description, and cool factors. It must also have all images proofed, and have packaging.
- This must be a new game created for this contest. It cannot have existed on TGC prior to the start of the contest.
- All artwork must be your own, commissioned by you, licensed to you, or in the public domain.
- All entries must be submitted through TGC's game editor (by clicking on the "Contests" button) no later than Noon UTC (6am US Central) on June 17, 2019.
- Contestants may submit multiple entries to this contest. Each entry will be judged separately.
You retain all rights to your game and are welcome to sell it in our shop during and after the contest, regardless of the outcome of the contest.
The first round of judging is handled by a community voting process. The final two rounds are handled by the judge. See complete details.
The winner shall receive all of the following prizes:
- $500 of shop credit on thegamecrafter.com.
- Automatic Showcase status for their game on thegamecrafter.com.
- The possibility of judging a future contest.
- Induction into The Game Crafter Hall of Fame.
Final Scoring Rubric
You can earn up to 80 points in scoring via the following scoring rubric:
- Appeal (5)
- Presents Theme (5)
- Learn in under 10 minutes (10)
- Complete (10)
- Originality and Creativity
- New and Unique (10)
- Creative use of Mechanic (5)
- Game Play
- Simple Turn Options (10)
- Meaningful Decisions (10)
- Minimal Downtime (5)
- Play in under an hour (5)
- Want to Play Again (5)
« Other Contests