A mystical duelling micro-game for 2 players
In the far future, with human civilisation a distant memory, you are one of a handful of powerful Shamans, waging battle over the untamed world.
Call on creatures of the Air, Earth, and Water, as you fight to defeat your rivals and claim dominion over the BioWild!
- 18 Spirit Creatures (6 from each Domain: Air, Water, and Earth)
Note: Players will also need a method of recording damage. They can use coins, chips, tokens, or keep track using pencil and paper.
The objective of BioWild is to do more total damage to your opponent over 9 rounds than they do to you.
Shuffle the deck and deal all the cards to the two players (9 cards each).
Each player decides on the order they want to play their cards and each card's initial Stance (orientation). Each player then lays their cards out, face-down in a line.
Game play consists of 9 rounds, as follows:
- Both players reveal their next card. Note: When revealing cards, they should be turned horizontally, to avoid changing the Stance (orientation) of the card.
- The player whose card has the highest Speed (including bonuses for Domain and/or any boosts from other face-up cards) is the 1st player for that combat round. If there's a tie, compare the cards' base Speed (no bonuses) to determine 1st player. If base Speeds are the same, compare base Attacks.
- Compare the 1st player's card's Attack (including any bonuses) to the 2nd player's card's Defence (including any bonuses). If the Attack is higher than the Defence, then the 2nd player takes damage equal to the total Attack. Otherwise no damage is done.
- Unless otherwise stated on the cards, the 1st player can only Sacrifice cards during their turn (before, during or after attacking).
- Once the 1st player has completed their turn, the 2nd player counter-attacks, comparing the 2nd player's card's Attack (including any bonuses) to the 1st player's card's Defence (including any bonuses). If the Attack is higher than the Defence, then the 1st player takes damage equal to the total Attack. Otherwise no damage is done.
- Unless otherwise stated on the cards, the 2nd player can only Sacrifice cards during their turn (before, during or after counter-attacking).
- Once the 2nd player’s turn is complete, both players may look at their next face-down card and optionally change its Stance, at that time.
- Then each player reveals their next card, and a new 1st player is determined for that combat round.
Note: If a card is Sacrificed or Destroyed during combat, its Attack and Defence are considered to be 0 for the remainder of that combat round.
When the 9th round ends, the player who has done the most damage to their opponent is the winner.
Note: For a longer game, play two or three 9-round hands, with the winner being determined by the total damage done during all hands.
Created by C. Scott Davis
Game Design by C. Scott Davis and R. Eric Smith
Artwork by R. Eric Smith
Special thanks to Brains of Steel Games
Cards are printed with smudge-resistant UV coating and linen finish.