There are multiple pandemics ravaging the globe. As a politician, will you put public health and safety first or focus on your own interests? Just kidding! You are a politician; of course, you will serve your own interests.
• This game is for 4 to 8 players.
• Shuffle the Symptoms deck. Each player draws 3 symptom cards, looks at them, and hides them from other players.
• Shuffle the Pandemics deck and randomly draw and place pandemics in the middle:
• 4-5 players: Place 2 open, 1 secret pandemics • 6-7 players: Place 3 open, 1 secret pandemics • 8 players: Place 3 open, 2 secret pandemics
• Randomly select a player to begin the game as the president, the other players become ministers.
• The president randomly pulls money chits from a pouch equal to the number of players in the game. The president secretly checks the amounts on the chits.
• The minister distributes the budget (chits) without revealing their amounts. They can put any amount of chits on the pandemics, offer to other players, or keep to themselves. The chits placed on pandemics should be reversed; the amounts will be secret until the end of the game. The players can discuss during and after the distribution. Then, they vote the budget. The budget succeeds if accept votes are more or accept/reject votes are equal. If the budget fails, all chits from this turn are discarded. When the voting succeeds, the players can secretly check the amount on the chits given to them. The chits on pandemics stay there and are not revealed until the end of the game.
• The next player becomes the minister.
• When all the players act as minister, the round is over. Reveal the hidden pandemic(s). The pandemic with the most accumulated money gets a vaccine and can be cured. The player with the most money is also safe. All other players who have symptoms of pandemics that are not cured lose the round. The winner player(s) earn 1 point.
• Play as many rounds as you see fit by reassigning symptoms and pandemics.
GAME DESIGN, ART, & WRITING
Lauren Elizabeth Stipp
ISU Creative Technologies
Game Design Sequence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
— CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
|Average Rating||0 reviews|
|Publish Date||January 31, 2021|