What is 64?
- 64 is a 2-player card game in which one slides numbered card on a 3X3 grid and combines them to reach 64 while the other blocks it.
Can I just watch a video to learn how to play?
Finally, I prefer to read, so what is the goal of 64?
- For the Slider, to slide numbered cards and to combine them to reach 64.
- For the Blocker, to prevent the Slider to succeed.
How long will it take to win (or loose)?
How many players can play?
- 2 players. Plenty more can cheer around if you'd like.
Can a child play?
- Of course! It is very easy to learn even for a child or an adult that doesn't know how to count!
What's in this beautiful hook box?
- 18 beautiful playing cards.
Can I use a mat?
- A mat is optional but can make it easier when sliding cards.
- The mat is not included in the box.
- You can download for free a special printable mat that fits a letter size paper (free download) or you can use a letter size paper and draw a 3X3 grid; each cell being the size of a poker card.
What do I have to do to setup this game?
- If you use a mat, place it between the 2 players.
- Decide who will be the Slider and the Blocker.
- The Blocker takes all the cards numbered 2 and 4, shuffles them and keep the deck in his hand.
- The Slider places the 8, 16, and 32 in three separate piles, face up in front of him.
Can we play now?
If you insist:
- The Blocker places a card on the grid
- The Blocker holds the deck of 2 and 4 face down in his hand. He takes the top card and place it over a free cell, then he flips it face up.
- Therefore, the blocker decides where the card is going to be, but doesn't know for sure if it will be a 2 or a 4.
- The Slider slides the cards
- The Slider slides all cards in one direction (from left to right, from right to left, from top to bottom or from bottom to top).
- All cards are pushed back until the far edge of the grid or until it hits another card.
- The Slider combines the matching cards
- If two cards are the same while sliding, they combine.
- If you combine 2X2, put one card over the other. They count as a 4 and are left on the grid.
- If you combine 2X4, use an 8 card to replace them.
- If you combine 2X8 use a 16 card to replace them.
- If you combine 2X16 use a 32 card to replace them.
- All remaining cards of the column or the row slide again to hit the combined card.
- The 2 and 4 are immediately given back the Blocker. The Blockers must shuffle his desk immediately as well.
- The 8 and 16 are placed back on their respecting piles, face up.
- Repeat step 1 to 4 until the Slider reaches 64 or there is no possible combination.
How do I win?
- The Slider wins if he combines the 2X32 reaching 64.
- The Blocker wins if the Slider cannot combine any more cards.
Can I play again?
- Sure! While you are at it, you can switch roles between the Slider and the Blocker.
- You can also make a Grand Tournament with your friends and family. Make sure to buy as many copy as you like!
You seem like a nice person; can I follow you on Social Media?
- Yes. website: www.galasoft.ca, Twitter @galasoft and facebook.com/JeuxGalasoft
Is this game legal?
- This game is inspired from 2048. 2048 was released in 2014 as a Free and Open-Source software by Gabriele Cirulli.
- All the artworks are mine.
Who is really behind this game?
- My name is Gaétan Lanthier and my daughter is Amélie Lanthier.
- We create board games as a hobby since 2010.
- As of now, we have a portfolio of 30 games and sold more than 300 copies.
© 2017, Amélie et Gaétan Lanthier. All right reserved.