An exciting card game with a bidding mechanism.
A lot of auction-style games feel flat or shallow. Creating a deep game that is easy to pick up and play was the challenge that inspired Highest Bidder, a fun card game for 2-5 players.
In Highest Bidder players place secret bids on point-giving cards. Play any number of numbered cards from your hand, adding up to a higher bid. Include strategic effect cards in your bids to alter the game play. Plan ahead as you need to save cards for future bids.
Highest Bidder often leads to laugh-out-loud moments as unforeseen circumstances arise, and a good balance means the game is exciting until the very last bid.
*** SOME EFFECT CARDS INCLUDE: ***
- X2: Double the value of a card you bid on. Nothing feels as great as winning a bid then doubling it up for a real point fest! And nothing feels as bad as accidentally doubling the points when an opponent wins a bid.
- Next is Invalid: The next card played by an opponent is discarded. Try to predict when an opponent will play a high value card!
- Random Card: Draw the next card from the draw pile. This could make or break your day!
- Return to Hand: Over-spent your cards? If you've already won a bid big time - or if you've realized you've already lost it - you can pick up a played card and use it next turn instead.
*** IN THE BOX: ***
- A deck of 50 cards, including numbered "Bid Cards" and a variety of strategic "Effect Cards".
- A deck of 14 "Point Cards". These are the cards you bid on to score points, ranging from 1-5, and 7.
- A detailed rule book, including an example of play and solutions to some debatable situations that may arise.