Mingle & Murder
A game of a party, a murder and a vengeful ghost
What is the game about?
You are attending a dinner party where one guest after another is found dead. It is now a fight against the clock. Will the murderer get away or will the Inspector catch him or her? Will the guests be saved by the doctor or will they take the opportunity to enrich themselves? Whatever happens, this party will indeed be the talk of the high society!
How do you win?
Each player has a unique objective.
* The Murderer wants to murder two guests by playing them murder cards.
* The Inspector wants to arrest the murderer by being played a murder card and prevent items from being stolen by playing the guests catch cards.
* The Doctor wants to save the guests by playing them save cards or be played a murder card.
* Each Guest has a unique list of three rooms that they want to steal valuable items from.
* A murdered Guest may still win by identifying the murderer at the end of the game.
How do you play?
Each player starts with a secret hand of one object card and five action cards. Most action cards are mingle cards of no importance. However, the Murderer has three murder cards, the Inspector has three catch cards and the Doctor has three save cards. The game board consists of 3x3 room cards, on which the players move their meeples.
The players take turns to move between the corridors and leave action markers in any of the adjacent rooms there. When all players have left their action markers, they place their mingle cards in the room piles, shuffle and draw new ones. The lucky ones will draw valuable items while the unlucky ones will draw murder cards. The game ends when an object is fulfilled. A murdered player is eliminated but may still win by identifying the murderer.
What makes the game special?
Mingle & Murder has a player elimination mechanism with a unique twist: the eliminated player may avenge his or her death by identifying the winner (the murderer) and claim the victory!